- Food is Maya – You Don’t Need Food to LivePosted 3 years ago
- What is Nirahara SamyamaPosted 3 years ago
- How Integrity Helps Be Hunger FreePosted 3 years ago
- Who are NiraharisPosted 3 years ago
- The BFoodFree ProgramsPosted 3 years ago
- Sacred Banyan Tree, Wish-fulfilling Cosmic Energy HubPosted 3 years ago
- Why Nirahara Samyama is For YouPosted 3 years ago
- How Niraharis Live on PranaPosted 3 years ago
- Going Beyond Fasting or Feasting with NiraharaPosted 4 years ago
Neem Juice, Nirahari’s Morning Drink
Neem tree is a medicinal ayurvedic tree indigenous to India, which has been of great benefit to humanity for thousands of years. Every part of the neem tree is said to have medicinal properties, from the roots to the leaves, flowers, fruit, and bark. With its ability to cure many different diseases, neem tree has played a significant role in traditional Indian medicine for millennia. This is the reason why neem tree is worshipped in India. In Swahili it is called Muarubaini which literally means ‘Tree of 40’ because it is said to cure 40 different diseases.
In Sanskrit, it is called ‘Sarva Roga Nivarini’, the curer of all diseases.
Watch this video to learn the Extraordinary Powers of Neem
Azadirachta indica as it is scientifically known, contains numerous medicinal compounds like gedunin, nimbin, nimbinin, and nimbidin. Modern science is still analyzing neem to uncover its properties and how it works. More than 135 compounds have been isolated from different parts of neem so far and are being studied. Some of the properties demonstrated by these compounds are :
potent antiinflammatory and antiarthritic, heals gastric ulcers, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, hypoglycemic (lowers blood sugar), anti-pyretic (reduces fever), diuretic, Anti-septic, Anti-malarial, Immunomodulatory, Anti-tumour
Neem Juice – A Nirhari’s Morning Drink
One simple way to realize the benefits of neem in our daily lives is to use a decoction made from the bark. The bark is available in powdered form in most ayurvedic dispensaries. Niraharis begin their day with the Neem bark juice drink after the pancha kriya. It is best to drink Neem juice before starting Yoga.
Method to prepare the decoction
- Take 200 ml of water and boil it.
- Once the water reaches its boiling temperature, add the neem bark powder (10 gms) to it.
- Let it boil till it reduces to 100 ml, for about 10-15 mins.
- Filter the liquid and let it cool before drinking.
It is recommended to have the neem juice early in the morning on an empty stomach. It is a panacea and can rejuvenate the body completely if taken daily. Since it works by detoxifying the body, it heals multiple organs like liver, stomach, intestines, kidneys, improves eyesight, cures allergies, skin problems and other disorders which are a result of the modern lifestyle.
Neem in Siddha Tradition
The Neem tree is used for curing the whole air in the Siddha tradition. For example if a Siddha (ancient enlightened mystics with yogic powers) wanted to cure a particular disease in that whole village, he would plant hundred neem trees around in a particular way and breathe a certain energy into it. All those neem trees would catch his energy, his miracle power, and go on radiating it. In ten days, the disease would disappear! The Neem tree was used as a healing battery center, curing any disease if you just program it.